Ammonia consumption in USA and Poland
About 40% (8,5 million tonnes) of total consumption of ammonia is used by the manufacturing sector, e.g. for the production of cleaning products, cooling systems and pharmaceuticals synthesis. The remaining 60% (12,5 million tonnes) is used by the agricultural sector.
Domestic ammonia supply is estimated at 13,4 million tonnes. This means that US companies source much of the ammonia they consume from the Black Sea area (Russia and Ukraine), from the Far East and from Trinidad.